Sunday 3 January 2010

My First card of 2010



Hiyes....my first card for the new year and its HUGE!!!!!!.......its for one of my residents 90Th birthday in January but as she no longer lives here her daughters doing a party at the home she now lives in but she was a darling and although i cant attend along with some of the other residents i thought if i made a BIG..huge card we could all sign it....of course its vintage themed with burgundy and cream and cuttle bugged the mating and rubbed it with a emery board to release the paler on the reverse of card stock...added a large burgundy rose cut the butterfly with my cuttle bug and did a layer of vellum also on cuttle bug and glittered it added a 9 & 0 from birthday cake numbers cause they were large which were blue so i gold leafed them and added pearls and of course my lush lace and my bow...i do hope she will like it and of course hope it meets your approval...hope you have had a restful Sunday unlike me...house work was gonna give that up for new year but doooh!!! it just had to be done along with piles of washing and ironing and now i bushed...thanks for popping in i look forward to your comments and soz for being a lazy blogger lol!!!! xxxx







11 comments:

Christine said...

Hiya Sassy happy New Year..you have come back with a bang with this creation its STUNNINGLY CLASSY love everything about it ..

Hugs Christine xx

Diamond Doll said...

Happy New Year Sue,You,ve beat me I,ve not made a card yet for 2010. what a card it,s gorgeous.I,m sure she will just love it.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Viv said...

See your new year rezzie is to be less flamboyant then?????? LOL
Great Card Sass.... happy new year! xx

Crystal said...

WOW Sassy this is STUNNING!!! I LOVE YOUR Ribbon and flower treatment!!! GORGEOUS!!!!

coldwaters2 said...

My goodness Sassy this is breathtaking that vintage look is fabulous and that flower display is awesome.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Jackie said...

Happy New Year Sassy, good to see you back!
Stupendous card and just right for a 90 year old :o)
Jackie xx

linziloo said...

Beautiful card Sassy.
I love you vintage cards there such an inspiration.

Happy New year to you and your family xx

June Nelson said...

OOOh sis its gorgeous, the champ of the vintage, been having a few e mail probs, but will get back to you, Hope you dont have the snow we have up here its dreadful. Back to the card, im sure they will be over the moon, in true sassy style, fantastic darl, love you loads June xxxx

Irene said...

Hello Sassy

Happy New Year to you and your Family.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wow, what a fabby card, I just love it. The backing paper is gorgeous as is everything about it. I am sure it will be well received and cherished.

luv
irene
xxxx

Unknown said...

Stunning card Sue, I am sure the lady will love it.

Barbaraxx

Sherry said...

That's one fabulous, stunning card - bet she'll absolutely adore it.