Thursday 20 December 2012

Lola she was a show girl

Morning my sweets......well its round the corner and so we will all be tucking into our Christmas dinners..house full of happy children and loads of wrapping paper discarded...this may be my last post for a while have allot of last minute things to do..this card i have to share is a commission..i have never meet this man before but my friend whom i make lots of cards for gave him my address and well had a most entertaining conversation with him the brief for his card to his wife *LOLA* who's is 60 at Christmas we chatted about colours at first she  loves shocking pink.**erm nice for Christmas* i though then said he didn't want it christmassy..*erm ok* so as i always try and do is to make the card to reflect he person..so he told me she loved Barry manilow..*cripes i thought he was going to ask me to put a picture off him on the card (at this point i was going to suggest Moon Pig  lol!!!).oh dear (the things wizzing round my head)..he was rather a chatty man and told me in her younger days she was a cabaret dancer on cruise ships(this then worried me)..omg..what have i let myself into..i had visions of feathers and bling...you know the girls from the London Palladium..high kicks.. gorgeous legs ..sparkly outfits....and before i knew it he said *yes you get the picture..so i went into what i thought i could do..




.he said if i could  make it like i had it in my head that would be fantastic!!!! what had i let myself in for.......3 days i have had this in my head now the last night looking through my images found this one from .Sweetpeas digis.and suddenly it all came together what if.....so here's the result..i just have to say in all the time i was making this i was singing in my head **Lola she was a show girl* lalalaa....he phoned me last  night..her real name is Norma lol!!! had i missed hearing her name in the beginning but where would i get lola in my head..he said that was her favourite song and because she was such a Barry Manilow fan  and her previous job all her family and friends nicknamed her Lola..relief i hadn't dreamt it....so just gotta put her name on this and box it ... hes picking it up tomite...im really not sure if this will tickle her fancy...i hope so and i  have never been so nervous making a card....sassy Hugs and a Merry Christmas and a very Happy new Yearxx
challenges id like to enter my card into 
http://paper-craftingjourney.blogspot.co.uk/

27 comments:

Caroline said...

Sassy this is gorgeous the image and layout are so beautiful. I wish you and your family a very merry christmas and all the best for 2013. Caroline xxx

Sherry said...

What a funny post Sassy - and your Lola card looks just the ticket from his description - bet his wife, the showgirl will love it - lol.

Wishing you and your family a very happy Christmas and a great New Year too xxxxxxxxxx

..... now I can't get that song out of my head........Lola, she was a showgirl.... !!!!

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image...fab details.xxx

Rita said...

Well Sassy, I think you have excelled yourself by making this Fabulous card. It truly is a showpiece. I bet the man will be blown away when he see it. Hope you and your Family have a Jolly Christmas and I'll speak to you soon. Hugs Rita xx

Irene said...

Hello Sassy

Your crd is just Glamerous, BRILLIANT, and gorgeous, I love the colour and WOW that feather is perfect. I am sure both husband and Lola will be thrilled.
MERRY CHRISTMAS MY FRIEND
luv
irene
xxxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

I am singing the song now this is fabulous,I like the striking colours. Heathers Birthday is on Christmas day, and she doesn't like getting christmassy birthday cards.
Kevin xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Your card certainly has the WOW factor..lovely image and such gorgeous vibrant colours

Anne

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

This is gorgeous! I love the bright pinks and those feathers look fantastic! A fabulous card :)

Sue said...

Oh, my dearest Sassy, you have cheered my up so much!!!!! Your did make me laugh when you mentioned Barry Manilow being on the card - can you imagine that!!!
Anyway, your card is stunning. I think you have really delivered the goods. The image, colours, bling and feathers are just f a b u l o u s.
Oh and now I have that song in my head too!!!

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and all the best for a Happy New Year

Hugs Sue

Desire Fourie said...

Sassy this is oh so gorgeous and a girl cant go wrong with pink. The feathers are a nice touch.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog} {Doing Life 400 Follower Give Away}

Kim said...

fantastic card Sassy - and I'm sure Lola will love it! if you're not on again before Christmas I hope you have a wonderful time!
Kim x

Vicky said...

Simply amazing Sassy...I love it hun..:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Unknown said...

Aww Sassy, you've played a blinder here! 'Lola' is going to go bananas over her card. You sever clog!!!
Have a brilliant Christmas my lovely Trout and I hope the New Year brings relief from pain and a LOT of good times me old mucker. Love ya!! xxx

Darlene said...

Oh My Stars! This is FABULOUS!!! You did a PERFECT job and I have NO DOUBT she will LOVE IT!! Such a special creation and your design & coloring are AMAZING!! YOU GO GIRL! There is one problem however . . . now I'll be singing that blasted song all night long! Uuugh! LOL!!
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you my friend! God Bless You & Your Family this holiday season!
HUGS from OHIO, USA!!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Sassy
Fabulous card Sassy......
Hugs Sylvie xxxx
Happy Christmas Sassy....

June Nelson said...

Its gorgeous me darlin and im sure he will be over the moon with it, its brillian, I hope you have a wonderful christmas sue, and a health better new year, you deserve it, love you lots June xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

julie_woolston said...

Stunning card Sassy.

Hugs Julie xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is awesome sweetie and I am sure Lola/Norma will love it. Lol!!! You do make me smile with your postings!!!

Merry Christmas sweetie and a very Happy New Year. Hope you have a relaxing time with your family.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Viv said...

Oh my Sassy!!! what a brief...so pleased I don't make cards to order....much. This is fabulous and if she doesn't like it there is something wrong with her, so don't worry. I love all that bright pink.....mind you I would wouldn't I lo.Wishing you & your family a very Happy Christmas too & thanks for all the lovely comments throughout the year Sassy :) hugs Viv xx

coops said...

so stunning sassy.really gorgeous image and the hot pink is fantastic ;D

xx coops xx

karen said...

Oh stunning card Sassy, what a beautiful image! Wishing you a Happy Christmas, thanks for visiting me little blog this year much appreciated, hugs, Karenxx

Annie said...

This is gorgeous Dassy. I am sure this charming man and his wife will love it.

I am sorry I have not visited before now. Like you I have been busy crafting and wrapping as well as working. Thank you for following. I am so honoured and I love to read comments/repay visits.

Hope you have a fabulous time over the festive season.

Best wishes

Annie x

Sue B said...

Ooh this is gorgeous Sassy! I love this wonderful lady and the rhinestones and shocking pink feathers look awesome!! from your description of Norma… I think she will love this to bits!!!! it's perfect for her.
Hope you and your family have a Very Happy and Healthy Christmas and New Year!
Big hugs
Sue xx

Kirsty said...

Hi Wow this is simply out of this world the swirls with the gems next to her are amazing !! Just wanted to thank you for your inspiration and hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a happy healthy New Year ;0)

Kjersti said...

A gorgeous card Sassy!
Wish you a Merry Christmas!
Hugs Kjersti:)

Ally said...

aaaaw hh ahahahahahaaaaaa lol this is such a funny story with Lola, hilariopus, thanks for making me cry with laughter, you funny lady!!
The card is fantastic and I love it and if Lola doesn't love it she shall dance her way to ...well erm...wherever she wants to...!!
Hope you and your family are having a fantastic Christmas with lots of presies and yummie food!
Thanks for your wonderful friendship!
Tons of love, Alessandra

Moni said...

Beautiful card Sassy. Hugs;moni