Friday 13 April 2012

Altered Box

A very good afternoon peeps how nice of you to pop in....hospital review went well and my hematoma is so small now its barely visible on ultra sound..so happy its going..my chest has felt really rotton and i have a nasty infection but two lots of tablets should get me up and runny around in no time..i hope appointment was 11-00 and got home at 1.45 all bloods done  ...x ray done ...tummy felt..done...peak flow...done well nearlly couldnt get that dam bar to much but i gave it a quick burst... so done..tablets dispensed..done..car park fee ...done so back home and  feel really DONE IN!!!! now lol!!!!!.....my altered art is a box (not that fantastic as felt rotton)i have made it for my daughter becky she says *i never make her anything** er!!!!! so as shes embarking on another trip ..this coming  May i have made a box for her journal..well not made the journal yet..but box is finished..shes done the brazil..rio... amazon thing last year for three weeks in more hostels than you could name...and now she of to bornio,,well i could be wrong i started with a B but it certainly wasnt basra....and she wanted a journal for this trip when she gets home..






.so like a good mommy i have made her the box to keep it in ..so far.. My Becky  loves butterflies so themed in blues ..i covered it in Vinatge 12x12 papers from Grace Taylor and then lined the inside i decoupaged some of the butterflies and glossed  them.. added flowers and sparkly bits  she has had her early birthday gifts a couple of new tops for her trip...one with butterflies on looks rather tribal but she loved it..anyway im popping back to bed for a hour these pills have made me all gooooooooey..and floooooooooopy.....cor their strong..and was told to rest or id be back in hospital and id rather not..after spending 11 weeks in their last March..so gonna do what my lovely Mr Jones has told me too...other than my infection hes pleased about my hematoma...and im pleased hes my consultant i owe him my life....litterally....so its a sleepy sassy bidding you tata for now...sassy hugs thanks for visitng it means the world...more than you know xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

13 comments:

Irene said...

Hello Sassy

Yur box is just beautiful, and your attention to detail amazing.
I love the colours and all your embellishments. I am sure your daughter will love it.
luv
irene
xxxx

Doreen said...

Stunning,love all the elements.xxx

TannyP said...

Wow - what a beautifully detailed box =) Lovely work of art! Thanks for playing along with The Sisterhood of Crafters for our Recycle Challenge!

Heidi said...

It's stunning!
Beautiful work:)
Hugs, Heidi:)

Rosietoes said...

Sassy you may have felt rotten and I'm not surprised after the day you've had but your box looks fantastic. I love your attention to detail.
Good news about the hematoma. Let's hope things are on the up for you. :)

Edna x

Anonymous said...

Not that fantastic????!!!! I think all that time at the hospital did your eyesight in, lol!! It's absolutely STUNNING!!

Really hope you feel better soon.
xx

Darlene said...

OH Sassy! Girl ... this is down right GORGEOUS! I can hardly wait to see the journal that will go in it! Excellent work and your daughter's going to treasure it I'm sure!
Glad your testing was good ... please take care of yourself! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘RECYCLE, REUSE, RENEW’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Lee said...

Wishing you all the very best Sassy.Your box is Stunning.You take care now hun.Big Hugs xxx

katy said...

Hi Sassy
thank you so much for your feedback yesterday..nice to hear from you . Your altered box is lovely...the little details are gorgeous, im sure your daughter will love it x
Hope you get well soon
Hugs Katy xx

June Nelson said...

Hi me darlink, pleased everythign went well at the hospital, about time too!! this is beautiful and im sure Becky will treasure it always, its just perfect me darling xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Susie Sugar said...

Omg sassy this is inspirational , I love butterflies so this is right up my street xx

suzARTe said...

this is such a lovely box for your daughters journal, I am sure she will love it. I love the way you have embellished the box, all the little details are just lovely.

I hope you feel better very soon, stay positive :)

Thanks so much for sharing your work at Anything goes, Just keep on creating. I hope you will continue to share your lovely work :)

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

This is gorgeous Sassy!!! But shouldn't you be resting instead of working on this?? Sometimes it feels good just to do something creative, right? I am the same way. Beautiful colors. I would love to know how to do this. Maybe when you are feeling better you could let us all know the little details. Gloria

Visit my blog - would love more members.
http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com