Monday 5 November 2012

Christmas in Red and Poppy

Afternoon my sweets.....hope you all had a great weekend?? fun and fireworks all weekend and tonight's the night..dont really like it much sound a right bar humbug....but have never been the same since my dad threw a chinese cracker jack at me and had the most awful visions  to this day of me terrified and jumping like a demented child round our back yard...oh yes dad was a meany at times....and since then viewed the fireworks from the safety of my bedroom window..we had fireworks at the castle on Friday and oh my they were very loud buggers!! my poor cat was mortified she hates loud noises so as i sang to her to calm her..... im not so sure i did her more harm than good...lol!!!..onto my card for me this is very minimal...for me 



thought id have a try so coloured up in my pro markers a lovely image from Mos...she so cute had her since last year and have never used her WHY!!!!...perhaps its i dont care for Christmas either as it holds sad times with my mums funeral on Christmas Eve..4 years this Christmas...and it still hurts today as much as it did then...but i reckon she would have liked this card she loved red..my OH used to call her the Red Dragon..in a loving way he adored her too...and she sure had a sense of humour....well waiting for the Drs to ring...i have a resident poorley with the Nurevo Virus and i have been on my throne myself all weekend..so as a precaution im not visiting residents for a couple of days in case i have a mild dose myself i always spend lots of time with her and to be on the safe side visit are postponed.....
also this week end i made myself a sturdy poppy for Poppy day..i used a poppy and covered it with stones and glossed it it might just last out this year a bit longer

right when the Drs have rung i must go out for ...loo roll hehehe..

31 comments:

Crafty Lark said...

Beautiful card, hope you are feeling better soon. xx Flora

Caroline said...

WOW this is stunning the image is adorable and is coloured beautifully and the layout is absolutely gorgeous. Caroline xxx

Rita said...

What a beautiful card Sassy. And your poppy is just stunning. Thak-You so much for the lovely comment left on my blog. Hugs Rita xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Sassy. I love the sweet image and your colouring is so beautiful.
WOW! your poppy looks wonderful.
I hope you feel better soon.
big hugs Sue

Sue B said...

Awww isn't she adorable!! and youv'e coloured her to perfection Sassy! it's a fab design and I love the ribbon and poinsettia - really stunning!!
I'm really sorry I have been such a rubbish blogger lately… hope you are doing ok hun!
Have a good week!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Doreen said...

This is beautiful Sassy...lovely image and details.xxx

Kim said...

beautiful card Sassy, it's a lovely image! And no my dog isn't keen on fireworks (put a great pic of her on my blog yesterday!)
Kim x

Inkypinkydelights said...

Beautiful card Sassy! I love how bright and cheerful it is! Judy x

Aunty Sue said...

Hi Sassy this is stunning and just how I amgined it when I asked Mo for a little baby girls 1st christmas image and within 48hrs here she was. Love it.

Judith said...

love this Sassy - you have coloured her to perfection and I just love that ribbon -hope you're on the road to recovery - much better than the throne!! hugs Judith x

Vicky said...

So gorgeous hun...and a pretty layout too :o)

big hugs Vicky xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Sassy, I like the adorable image the big bow and the berries, your poppy looks fab too.
Kevin xx

heidy said...

Beautiful card, hope you are feeling better soon Sassy!!
XXX Heidy

Tammy said...

Absolutely adorable! Love, love the red and white strip ribbon!

Inky Angel said...

Gorgeous card Sassy. One of my favorite colors, red; the little angel is so adorable.
Hugs,
Katie

Jackie said...

What a gorgeous card and I love your poppy :o)
I hope you are soon feeling better...hugs
Jackie xx

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Sassy, She is gorgeous, I haven't seen her before, the red is really stunning too, just perfect for a Baby's first Christmas...I do hope you feel better soon hun, keep warm, Hugs, Teresa x

coops said...

so stunning sassy.i love the red and gorgeous sweet image.
i hope you are feeling better soon.

xx coops xx

Moni said...

Gorgeous card, and so cute image, lovely poppy. Hugs,moni

Nikbee said...

Your card is adorable. I love the sweet image.
Your sparkly poppy is wonderful.
Nikki x

pinky said...

Wow stunning card Sassy, the red makes it pop right off the screen. Your poppy is just gorgeous, lovely idea. Hope you got the loo roll and hope you feel better really soon.

Julie said...

Lovely card Sassy, love the blinged up poppy too.

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie gorgeous card my lovely love the colour & the image is sooooo darn sweet.
My cat wasnt too bad but really didnt like the loud ones, poor little thing. Hope you feel better soon shug.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Laurian said...

Gorgeous card, love your colouring and the poppy is fab!
Thanks for joining us at Lady Annes and I hope you'll be back real soon!

Hugs

Laurian

Diane said...

Just beautiful Sassy !! Such a super babies first christmas card !! Thanks for sharing your fab card with us at The Crafty Pad !!

hugs Diane xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A fabulous card Sassy - love the Christmas image, and that gorgeous shade of red. The striped ribbon is perfect with the candy cane, and WOW - what a fabulous Poinsettia.
Thanks for popping by my SU blog - Hugs, Sylvia x

Gibmiss said...

Hello sassy
Gorgeous card... Love the image.... Love all your cards .... At F.Friends challenge we sre looking for a designer... Are you interested?
Hugs Sylvie xxxx

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The red and white look divine and so Chrismasy! Just adorable! Lovely to see you playing along with us @ The Crafty Pad this week :) P.S. I have Santa’s Candy on my blog !

Rosietoes said...

It may be minimal Sassy but it's got your style and eye for design all over it! Gorgeous card.

Edna x

Joanne said...

This is sooooo beautiful! Super job on your coloring and and an adorable image! Lovely layers too, very nice! So happy to have you join us at CC&CC. Aloha, Joanne

Unknown said...

What a wonderful Creation. This is so awesome.
We would like to thank you for Entering Chocolate, Coffee, & Cards Challenge.
Hugs from Tammy Ortiz - DT Digi Team for Chocolate, Coffee & Cards.