Sunday 22 February 2009

Shrink plastic..




Well i guess im about to tell you a SECRET to those who are interested about using shrink plastic NOT SRUNK lol!! this is how i did it...i cut out the heart in card stock using the cuttlebug folder die and then cut out again a heart with shrink plastic....no dont run off to the cooker..no need!!!! ......then in the folder i bought there are four heart embossing folders to use with the heart die..so...you place the plastic heart lining it up with the embossing folder and send it through the cuttlebug....crunch and crackle i love that sound!!!!!......and you can also once you have cut the heart out use it placed in any of the folders you really like .....it will get the crushed iced effect..you can use acetate too but its floppy...so i go mad and use the plastic..much nicer and have i told you about the noise!!!lol!!...have a go...i did it with my butterfly cuttlebug folder too .....suppose thinking about it anything you use to cut in the cuttlebug and using any folder will have the same effect with shrink plastic ..if my memory serves me correct i used this once to add to the front of a card using the swirls folder........i found it..hugs

sassyxxx

3 comments:

Lexxie said...

Hi Sassy,
Thank ou so much for stopping by my blog and your lovely comments. I'm so glad in turn to have now found you!
I was truly amazed when I saw your cards, I've never seen shrink plastic used in this way-what a fab idea.
Your other cards are beautiful too-your handmade flowers are just stunning.
I am now following you so that I can see more of your fantastic creations in the future,
Love Sarita xx

Lynne Gilbert said...

Oh Sassy, thank you soooo much for sharing. I really must have a go. How on earth do you manage to do so much crafting!!? I do so wish I could spend more time here in my craft room. I am so glad I found your Blog and will visit regularly.
Love Lynne. XXX

Ann Whitfield said...

What a fantastic idea Sassy - I must give it a try, thank you for sharing it. I found a link to you through a comment you left on a mutual friend's blog - I was right to follow it up, I think you'll have to be bookmarked!
Ann x